Website and Package Index wish list
An ongoing list of ideas and potential improvements for wp-cli.org.
- Split components into logical subpackages (e.g.
wp-cli/search-replace-command), and require them via Composer. (from #3652).
- Redesign! And potentially move to WordPress from Github pages.
- Produce command pages for the packages listed in the package index.
- Publish a set of suggested best practices for package maintainers to follow.
- Proxy Github API requests for new WP-CLI versions (from #3426).
- Display download / installation counts for each package.
- Display number of Github stars for each package.
- Highlight packages in the index that are regularly updated, have multiple maintainers, or reflect some other quality we hold to be important.
- Written guidelines for package best practices.
- Create distribution releases for packages in the package index to speed up installation (from #2566).
- Run test suite for each package on a weekly basis (from #3197).
- Validate packages submitted to the package index (previously #3177)
- Run test suite over SSH connection (previously #2772)